Mentor | Train | Mentor Program
Business Readiness Skills
- Provide a detailed review of student’s resume, job experience and skills to include the translation of their military experience.
- Provide practical suggestions including specific effective wording to improve the resume.
- Conduct practical exercises in areas of vet transition vulnerability and how to break old military habits.
- Provide interview skills training including practice using the STAR technique – Situation, Task, Action, Result.
- Practice responses for typical interview questions and provide coaching in preparation mock interviews.
- Provide specific feedback on student’s mock interview for a desired actual job posting and suggest next steps in moving forward on that job opportunity.
- Assist the student in building and utilizing a network, including leveraging Get it Done Consulting’s Linked-In networking group.
Share this page!