Mentor | Train | Mentor Program
Get it Done Consulting will get it done for those who got it done serving our great nation.
- The Mentor Train Mentor Program was established in 2010 by medically retired Army officers with a mission of mentoring, training and guiding enlisted and officer service-disabled veterans.
- Mentor Train Mentor Program is a VA Chapter 31 Training Facility (training facility code 25310521 / Federal Tax ID Number: 26-2598480) that brings training workshops to VA Regions. Workshops are typically conducted at local Courtyard Marriotts.
- Project management and employment skills are the focus of the program. Class sizes vary from 1 to 5 students.
- Mentoring during, and most importantly after the course with extensive follow-up is what differentiates us. Get it Done Consulting has employed 10 graduates as mentors and trainers.
- Strong support network relationships with supportive key business leaders who are necessary for employment outcomes. Currently our national network of mentors consists of over 300 members.
- 131 veterans have completed the program. 68% of our graduates have attained suitable employment.
- Regions where we have worked closely with VREOs, VRCs, and ECs in conducting training: National Capital, Hartford, Manchester, Newark, Phoenix, Philadelphia, and Providence.
- Get it Done Consulting, LLC does not accept any placement fees related to graduates accepting employment.
- 30-40 hours of live workshop training, conducted normally on two weekends over a month-long period.
- 16-24 hours of homework and on-line / remote training.
- On-call one-on-one mentoring.
- Resume-building training and mentorship and mock interviews.
- Network building.
- Two professional text books.
- Workshop lunches.
- Project Management Track: Membership in the Project Management Institute and CAPM or PMP certification exam fees.
- VRCs receive student’s course survey, transcript, certificate of completion, and a performance report.
- Written progress reports are provided on a monthly basis to the student’s VRC.